Sunday, January 05, 2014

Reversion of Inversion

Yesterday and today I woke up and saw beautiful blue skies.  It was a miracle, I'm calling it Inversion Reversion.

I walked Molly the Wonder Dog and could take a deep breath without coughing up a lung immediately afterward.  Yesterday I went snowshoeing in Logan Canyon, it was achingly cold but just as achingly clear and beautiful.  I didn't take my camera along, I didn't want a filter between me and what I was seeing, I just wanted to be.

Last night I was carrying my camera bag around and ended up leaving next to my bed.  I was thinking that I would set my alarm, get up early, and trek out into the crystalline morning to take some sunrise photographs.  The reality was my alarm rang at 6:45AM and my first thought was "bugger this" and I rolled over and went back to sleep.  Oops.

A short time later I woke up with bright sunlight streaming in my windows...and an incredibly numb right foot.  I sat up and saw that MWD had snuck up onto the bed and was sitting on my leg.  Cheeky puppy knows she isn't allowed on the bed.  This is the first time in over a year that she had been on the bed with me.  She was banished from the bed after she accidentally punched me in the face one night.

Me: "Molly?"


MWD: "Who me?"

Me: "Yes you gordita.  Why are you on my bed?"


MWD: "I don't always sneak onto your bed, but when I do..."

Me: "Let me stop you right there.  You are NOT the most interesting man in the world...you're not even a man."


Me: "Now can you please get off my foot and off my bed?"

MWD: "Mean mom."

Me: "That may be, but I'm trying to take a photo of the mountains outside the windows, but you're kind of in the way."


MWD: "How about if just hunker down."

Me: "Nope."


MWD:  "How about now?"

Me:  "How about, still no."

MWD: "Fine, whatever.  *coughmeanmomcough*"

Me: "I heard that."


Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, free at last.  Look at that view...ok, ignore the houses and trees, just focus on being able to ACTUALLY see the mountains through the window.  No clouds, no snow falling, no inversion smog.  It's glorious.





MWD (mumbled from her kennel): "Just because it's slightly out of focus, and it's in black and white, doesn't mean it's artistic, you hack."

Me: "Heard that too, fattie."

*sigh* It's a love hate relationship, but it's functionally dsyfunctional.  I promise, I'll stop having conversations with the dog as soon as I find a human companion to talk to.  In the meantime, I'm not the only one who talks to animals.





No comments: