Monday, January 13, 2014

Stitch Fix

If you've followed this blog for a while, you're probably aware that I'm a fashion disaster with a pathological hatred of shopping.  Enter Stitch Fix.  After reading reviews and talking to a friend who's tried it and loved it, I've decided to try out the online personal shopping service Stitch Fix.

Basically what you do is fill out a profile on their site.  You enter height, weight, bra size, budget preference, and fashion likes and dislikes.  You can even enter in links to your media profiles on twitter, pinterest, and LinkedIn if you so desire.  Then for a $20 fee a personal stylist puts together a selection of pieces that are shipped to your home for you to try on.  Each item comes with styling suggestions. 

You have three days to try the items on and decide whether you want them.  The items that you don't want are put in a prepaid return mailing bag and dropped off at any USPS post office.  Then simply log into your account to purchase the items you keep.  If you decide to purchase any of your items the $20 styling fee is applied to your purchase.  If you decide to keep all the items in your Fix, then you get an additional 25% off your purchase.

I was a little hesitant at first to try Stitch Fix out because I thought it was a subscription service.  When I finally got on their site and started looking around I found out that while they do offer a monthly subscription option, you can schedule your style fix any time you want.  Just once?  OK.  Every six months?  Alright.  Every month?  Of course.  So today I created an account, filled out my profile (cover up those flying squirrel arms and hide the belly bulge please), and scheduled my first fix. 

Most of the time I like to shop local, but lately I haven't had the time or the inclination to go shopping at all and when I do I'm hard pressed to find anything I like that actually fits, but I want to add a few new pieces to my wardrobe so I thought I'd try this out and see how it goes.  I'll be posting photos and a review when the box gets here. 

In the mean time, if you want to try Stitch Fix yourself, you can head over to their site by clicking here: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3384378

3 comments:

Matt Dana said...

This is genius! I'm excited to see what this service actually comes up with and they may have another customer.

Sarah Dana said...

Oops! Wrong account signed in. My husband will most likely not be using stitch Fix.

The Suzzzz said...

Hahaha, right now they only put together fixes for women, but maybe one day they'll open up the service for men as well.