Thursday, February 20, 2014

Have a Captain America kind of day

I had to drop some things off at my younger sister's house this morning before I went to work.  My little sister has 2 month old twins and told me that she was just going to leave the door unlocked so she didn't have to get up AGAIN, totally understandable.


When I got to her house I could see a light on inside.  When I looked through the front window her two older boys where playing in the living room, in their pajamas.  The 4 year old saw me and ran to greet me at the door.  Our conversation went like this.


T-man: *whispering and running up to me on tiptoe* "Aunt Suzanne, oh Caden it's Aunt Suzanne. Hi Aunt Suzanne."

Me: "Hi Nephew T-man, what's up?"

T-man: *still whispering* "What are you doing?"

Me: "Bringing some stuff for your mom."

T-man: *whispers even quieter* "Aunt Suzanne, what's the password?"

Me: "Gee, I don't know Nephew T-man.  Um, let me guess...Captain America?"

T-man: "Uh" *he pauses to think while looking up at the ceiling and tapping his chin with his free hand* "Yes. How did you know my secret password."

Me: "Just a lucky guess."



No comments: