Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Where'd January Go?

I could have sworn it was here a minute ago.  But that's OK because February has decided to pretend like January and just snow non-stop for a couple days at a time.  So there's that.  How was your January?  Good, glad to to hear it.  Mine?  Not bad, not bad.  I got some more snowshoeing in, and I even talked my nephew W into joining me on one hike last month.








That same day I had gone out early in the morning to get some photographs in the morning fog caused by the winter inversion.  It was so bright I couldn't get a good look at the images on my display so it wasn't until I got home and uploaded them that I found out that most of them had a GIANT piece of lint (and quite a few smaller pieces of lint as well) in the photo, like so...


So the only decent photos I got were when I switched to a different lens, but even then it had a weird dark spot in one corner of most of the images...






But I REALLY wanted to try and get some more images of the frost and fog that the inversion causes (the only upshot to a winter inversion), so I cleaned my lenses and went out again the next morning and got these.






And some of the photos STILL have lint on them, but at least it's not as obvious.

No comments: