Sunday, May 11, 2014

Get Set Go @ DRC

**Please note the parental advisory warning, a lot of these songs were beautiful little sugar coated razor blades of truth, and I loved all of them.  However, they probably aren't suitable for kids, work, or family friendly type activities.**
Tuesday night I went to a small concert at Death Ray Comics (you can see my post about the shop here).  The opening act was S.A. Bach, the headliner was Mike TV from the band Get Set Go.  I hadn't heard of either before the show, but Trent invited me and I trust all music, comic book, and movie recommendations that he chooses to throw my way.  Yet again that trust paid off.  I enjoyed both sets, ended up buying a lot of new cds, and I've been humming a few new earworms all week. 

The show had a laid back living room feel to it.  They started playing early (it is Utah on a Tuesday night after all) and they took requests for about 2 1/2 hours.  Even after the show was officially over everyone lingered over pizza and beverages.  There was hanging out, conversation, birthday singing, and jamming with fans.  Trent should have kicked us all out at midnight, but being the awesome guy that he is, he let us keep him up WAY too late/early.  Of course I took eleventy million photos and have completely lost the ability to self edit what I'm going to post to a tasteful handful, so here are roughly a quarter of the pictures I took that night (prepare yourself for photo fatigue).

Sebastian Bach


Mike TV

Trent slaving away during the show.  He also took some great photos, you can see them on the DRC tumbl or facebook pages.




Get Set Go fan Josh joined them on stage to help sing one of the songs.





























I was taking photos of them, so I guess turnabout is fair play.
Hanging out after the show.  Heck I even joined in singing on one of the songs...but very quietly because we all know my singing can be categorized as cruel and unusual punishment.  That of course doesn't meant that I don't still rock out when I'm alone in my car or the shower.












And we'll end the night with a little PDA from these two PLPs.

PS - Get Set Go is scheduled to do another show here in Logan (yes little old Logan, UT) again at the end of July.  As soon as I know the details I'll post it here so you can come and rock out with them.

No comments: