Monday, June 30, 2014

Choices

I saw this while I was out and about this morning.  I took a quick photo of it with my phone and moved on, but I kept thinking about it.


No one planted that flower there, the seed was dropped or blown by the wind until it found that crack.  No one tends it or shelters it or cares for it, and yet it thrives.  We don't always have a lot of control over where we end up and a lot of times we find ourselves out in the big bad world, fending for ourselves.  We can choose to wither on the vine when we are in challenging situations, or we can choose to thrive and bring beauty into a hard place.

What's your choice?

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Lovely post. :)

Jessica Clarke said...

So pretty!!! I love little moments in my morning like this. It's like mother nature saying, "Hey you, I just wanted to send you a little beauty today."