Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Noodles & Co - And I am a HUGE dork

I know that I lecture a lot about supporting unique local businesses and building a community identity through patronizing awesome local restaurants and shops, but I'm going to talk about a chain restaurant today.

Yes, I have friends who might stone me for saying anything complimentary about a big box national chain business, but I'm going to come out and just say it: I kind of love Noodles & Co.

I love that it is a quick service restaurant that provides an alternative to ubiquitous burger and fries, or chicken and fries, or basically anything you get through a drive-thru...and fries, I love fried stuff but fried food does not love me.  I love that they regularly offer a changing seasonal menu in addition to their regular favorites.  I love all the great deals that you get when you sign up for their e-newsletter.  I really think I'd eaten more discounted or free meals at the Logan Noodles & Co than I have eaten full price meals, all because of the newsletter.  I love their awesome online ordering.

This is starting to sound like a sponsored post, trust me, it isn't.  I'm fairly certain that most companies would cringe if they knew I was talking about their products.  I just really enjoy this restaurant, and as a bonus they have never threatened to sue me, so that's a win.  I also love that they treat their customers and employees really well, and they have a sense of humor.  Exhibit A, my recent email conversation with a Noodles & Co customer service rep, which started after I placed an order online and noticed a box that said something like "Ask us a question, if it's about your order - call the store, if it's why the sky is blue - we can't help you, but if it's about Noodles - ask away."  So I asked if they were bringing back an awesome seasonal salad that they had last year.  This was the response:

Hi Suzanne!

Thanks so much for taking the time to send us you message!  I have to admit, I’m pretty impressed because your timing couldn’t be better.  Today we released three menu items to celebrate spring and guess what just happens to be one of them?  The Backyard BBQ Chicken Salad! It’s like you are physic or something.  Click on this link to find out more http://www.noodles.com/spring/.

If you’re game, reply with your best mailing address and we’ll be glad to send you some Noodles love to celebrate the return of one of your favorite dishes!  We’re pumped it’s back too!  Look forward to hearing from you soon Suzanne.

Have a great day,
-Isaac

The Cavalry
noodles & company

I totally forgive Isaac for his misspellings and grammar issues, because hey, free noodles.  And then I responded back like so:

Heck yes I'm game, game like Monopoly...or even game like Robot Unicorn Attack.  Sign me up good sir.

Suzanne
xxx x xxx x
Logan, UT 


Carry on Cavalry, and Tally Ho!

~The Suzzzz
And then...

This could be my all-time favorite reply ever.  Be on the lookout, it went out in today’s mail!

Forks up,
-Isaac

The Cavalry
noodles & company
Which was followed up via snail mail with this...



Which was followed up by an awesome salad (and because the salad was free, I splurged and bought one of their ridiculously good rice krispie treats and an Izze soda), like so...



Then earlier this month I got this in my email inbox.  Make sure to read the highlighted section.

"Sorry, you can't swap this offer for cash, Crave Cards, or a unicorn."
So I decided to make my own unicorn, on the back of the coupon.


Hey, at least I made one person laugh that day.

No comments: