Sunday, September 21, 2014

Portrait Project - Reboot

I started a facebook group last year to help me with an idea that I had.  The idea was simple: practice something that I love, learn more, get better, make great images.  I welcomed friends, family, and models to join the project, but then it was unexpectedly derailed last summer for reasons that I won't go into here.  This was the first and last post I made here about it

Earlier this summer I did a photo shoot with the lovely Christie Heywood from Christie Heywood Photography.  Then later in the summer I helped style a Mad Hatter tea party shoot for Jesse Walker from Natural Designs.  These two experiences inspired me to work harder on my photography.  I rebooted the Portrait Project and have had 3 photo shoots so far, with 4 more scheduled in the very near future.

These images are of the set of a styled portrait session I did for a friend of mine.  The theme was a picnic in the fairy garden.  My friend, her sister, and another friend helped style our set up and were tremendous help during the shoot.  We had a wonderful time and I can't wait to do it again.





Cake is from Sweetly Divine in Logan, UT.
 

Pastries by Kneaders Bakery in Logan, UT.




Pastries from Sweetly Divine in Logan, UT.







When I've finished selecting and editing the best shots from each shoot, I'll post them here.  I'm trying to narrow it down to just 15-20 frames per shoot but it's hard to choose when I've got such great models that give me beautiful images.

1 comment:

Heidi L. (Affair with Color) said...

I love it! It feels so tranquil and serene. I hope you ate the desserts afterwards