Monday, March 30, 2015

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3, Testing

I volunteered to be a recipe tester for Irvin Lin's soon to be published cookbook, "Marbled, Swirled, and Layered".  I've followed his blog, eatthelove.com, for a while now and was excited to try out some of his new recipes.

Saturday evening the first recipe to be tested arrived in my inbox and I immediately went shopping for a couple of ingredients that I didn't have in my house.  By midnight the cake was frosted and ready to serve.  Sunday evening I invited some friends over to try it out and give their opinions.

I'd tell you what the cake was, but then I'd have to kill you, so you'll just have to wait until the cookbook comes out.  Here are a few photos of the cake.

This photo was taken at midnight, then edited at 2am when I couldn't sleep.  Note to self, don't edit stuff at 2am.









No comments: