Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Logan's Heroes

One of my favorite sandwich shops in Logan is the tiny Logan's Heroes.  Located on the corner of Main and 100 South, it is a Cache Valley institution.  The restaurant is owned and operated by Persian immigrant Hamid Salehi, who originally came to the valley to study accounting at USU in the 70's and has stayed ever since.  Chances are, if you've been here before Hamid will remember your name.  I know people who go in once a year and he will remember their name and their order, I have no idea how he does it.

They are open from 9AM to 7PM Monday through Saturday, and they are CASH ONLY, so be prepared.  If you do during the lunch rush between 11:30AM and 1PM, be prepared to wait because the line is usually out the door.  They specialize in subs but also service franks and gyros.  My favorite items are the Roger's Special or the Spicy Italian.  I like to go in the later afternoon when it's quiet and I can enjoy my meal without being crammed in the dining room with about 30 other people.  All sandwiches come with a bag of Lays chips but you can upgrade to other types of chips.  It's good value for money considering I can never eat more than half a sandwich in one setting so it's always 2 meals for the price of one for me.

I stopped in a while ago to enjoy a sandwich, and I ended up taking a few photos of the restaurant and my lunch.  Then, because I've been trying to work on photographing people I don't know well (it's a struggle for me), I asked the girl behind the counter if I could take her picture so there's a couple random portraits of her as well.













1 comment:

Charlotte said...

LovE love love Logan's Heroes! My favorites are the Spicy Italian and the Roger's Special as well. Great minds. :)