Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Recipe Testing - Part 2...

...in which I bake cookies.  Well slap an apron on me and change my name to Betty, hot dang I baked cookies.  Don't all pass out from shock at once, I have a domestic bone in my body, but just the one mind you because I tend to get a failing grade at cleaning, laundry, budgeting and other household duties.  I got another recipe to test out from Ivrin Lin at Eat The Love, for his soon to be released cookbook "Marbled, Swirled, and Layered".

I actually made the dough and baked half of it the Saturday before Easter but I forgot to grab photos, so I pulled the other half of the dough out of the freezer and baked them yesterday to grab a few shots.  If you're wondering why some of the cookies look different, it's because I made the original recipe as well as one of the suggested variation.  The only problem was that when I made the aforementioned variation I accidentally left out a whole stick of butter from the dough recipe and didn't realize it until it was too late to add it.  Funny enough everyone seemed to prefer the messed up variation, but I think that may have been due more to the delicious flavor combination.

What do you think?  Should I quit the day job, move to Mayberry, and find myself someone to settle down with in marital bliss?  I'm thinking...No.






No comments: