Monday, January 18, 2016

Portrait Project - Part 10

My friend Teena was the next subject for the portrait project.  She wanted photos of her two daughters and herself.  They drove up to Cache Valley and then we went up to Spring Hollow in Logan canyon, and the waterfall again.  It was around midday when we started shooting and I didn't have an assistant to hold the reflector/diffuser, so fighting stark overhead light and dappled shadows was definitely a challenge.  And her little one decided after a few shots that she was done.  After a bit of a struggle we finally got her to agree to be in a few more but only after I let her take a couple photos with my camera (with me and her mom helping her) with the camera.



I wasn't kidding when I said it was a struggle y'all.
This is me humoring the wee one.  As you can see I wasn't planning on having my photo taken that day.
The photo she took of her mom, I think she's going to be a pro!
It was late autumn and a lot of the foliage had fallen between the time I took Lindsay's photos and the time we got up there for Teena's.  We did manage to find some bright color after a bit of a hike, and I think a lot of the photos turned out well.  So here are a few of my favorite images from this family shoot.


















No comments: